Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Revive 4 in 1 Micro Needle Facial Roller

I have a curious mind. Blogging gives me an excuse to try new beauty products I might otherwise leave on a retailer's shelf. 

Combine my curiously with an interest in beauty (one of THE SAVVY SHOPPER'S 6 lifestyle topics), add T.J.Maxx for less to the mix; and I find myself the unabashed new owner of a Revive 4 in 1 Micro Needle Facial Roller 

Yes, poking teeny-tiny microscopic holes in your face is a thing now! They are so small though, they are not considered harmful. Do I see eye rolling? πŸ‘€ Oh, don't pretend like me, you're not dying to know if these devices really work! Because ... your nose will grow longer!

Here's what you get in the box:

1) Large 1.5 mm roller (1200 pins) for use on legs, hips and body. (Probably I won't use this one.)

2) Medium 1.0 mm roller (720 pins) for use on cheeks, forehead and neck. (I'll began with this one. I can move it around the eye area too.)

3) Small 0.5 (300 pins) for use around eyes and on lips.

4) A plastic case to store the gadget (and use as a rubbing alcohol soak tub).

It is designed for an at home treatment to mimic a beauty spa procedure. Move the roller in all directions on the area of skin you wish to rejuvenate.

Using micro needle rollers on your face or body will slightly prick the skin. You do feel the sharp needles, but no pain. It is meant to stimulate new collagen growth for younger looking skin. As we age our production of collagen (like everything else) slows down. So the micro needles aim to reverse this unfortunate happening encouraging new collagen growth for softer, smoother skin. If I lose a wrinkle, I'll update my post to let you now.
Photo: Guyer Institute. Airbrushing  and photoshop help too!πŸ˜…

Reviews by customers of micro needle facial rollers (across brands) are mainly positive. And, it has not been labeled junk science. Used gently and properly, it doesn't hurt to try it. Cost: $13.

Who knew I'd buy one when walking in the door? (By the time I exited the store, they had all flown off the shelf.) As you can see, I've been curious for some time. T.J. Maxx, you got me with this facial roller!  



You may also enjoy:  

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what next? I am such an old-fashioned girl, I find it a bit horrifying to be pricking my skin. Will await with interest to hear how it works for you. You are an adventurer, Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd rather caution when it comes to skin treatments. Nothing too drastic. The roller doesn't leave visible marks, nor does your face feel raw the next morning, so I'm not leery. But I'm also gentle and only use it at night before bed when all washed up and with serum applied. 3 times so far. Stay tuned, Trish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Debbie,
    Good for you and for that price you can easily take the risk!
    Don't know the REAL benefits as there is nothing to be found, other than those involved in applying it to their customers are positive about it; of course!
    But there appears to be no negative thing about it, provided it is used properly.
    Had to laugh about you writing: (By the time I existed (exited...) the store, they had all flown off the shelf.).
    Good luck in using this and keeping the routine up - as with all things.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, I was gifted this at Christmas. I just st got around to trying it tonight. Questions,,,, how often should I use & when should I see results? Thanks for your advise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine said twice a week and work up to every other day. It's supposed to take about a month to have results. Notice I did not say "see" results. To be honest, I did not really "see" results. On YouTube, there are women who swear by this device. I don't doubt it could help with acne -- stimulating the skin to clear up blemishes. But who knows; probably a wash cloth would do so too.:) Anywhy the principle is to help the face speed up skin cell turnover, and a month later, the result should show itself. Good luck!

      Delete
  5. Do you use products, ie serum first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely ... right after washing and drying your face. If you put "face serum" in the blog's search box, Unknown, you'll pull up at least 2 blogs explaining in what order to put beauty products on your face and why.

      Delete
  6. I just got mine today and it says 540 microneedles and I am wondering how many times a week I should use it? I keep finding different comments from nightly for 7 days and take a break to 2-3 times a week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Unknown,

      I use mine once a week. Some people like to use it every other day, or once every 2 days. Your skin might be too sensitive at first to use too often.

      Delete

  7. Thanks for sharing, it sounds like an interesting product!
    Jade Roller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to find out more about jade rollers - haven't heard of them!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. We hope you will share some more information about skin care. We really enjoy your blog & content. If anyone looking for Derma Needling Then visit us. We provide best skin care services.

    ReplyDelete