Tuesday, April 2, 2019

NARS Spring Beauty

As it turns out, splurging on your birthday is very common. Not only did I read it in a mainstream newspaper, I can confirm it. Last summer, I bought myself a few treats on my birthday: a lipstick, a blush and a necklace. I had been eyeballing each for months, and used my birthday as the reason to pull the trigger.

Who knows? I may treat myself again to a little something this year. I would not be unhappy with any of the following three of  NARS spring wearables:

1) Exposed Cheek Palette $59 - Contains 6 lightweight buildable pigments that delivers a sheer wash of color. It flatters all skin tones and can be applied wet or dry for different effects. 

The 6 shades are: 
  • Tell All (pearlescent golden pink)
  • Now Or Never (satin terracotta)
  • Give It Away (satin nude)
  • Make You Mine (satin peach)
  • Come Hither (satin watermelon)
  • New Fling (satin fuchsia)
What's more: I tested them at Ulta. They are lovely and natural ... and yes, the colors can be layered for a flattering finish!
2) Skin Deep Eyeshadow Palette $59 - It has 12 neutral hues to mix and match on eyes and brows. The colors range from subtle to smoky in rich mattes to pretty shimmers and smoldering metallics The palette was created to line, define, highlight and shade your eyes. See it and you will covet it! 

The 12 Shades are:
  • Taunt (matte cream)
  • Sophia (matte rich cool brown)
  • Whipped (matte warm brown)
  • Undressed (matte taupe brown)
  • Bali (matte deep neutral taupe)
  • Icon (shimmering rosy gold)
  • Basic Instinct (shimmering icy rose)
  • Coconut Grove (matte deep brown)
  • Centerfold (shimmering grey beige)
  • Calendar Girl (shimmering golden brown)
  • Faster Pussycat (metallic copper)
  • Unbuttoned (shimmering deep brown) 
3) Orgasm Threesome Set $29 - consists of mini sizes of product in NARS classic orgasm shade - a peachy pink with subtle gold shimmer. The multi-tasking set, which can be used on eyes, cheeks and lips consists of:

  • Blush in Orgasm (0.12 oz)
  • Lip Gloss in Orgasm (0.12 oz)
  • The Multiple in Orgasm (0.14 oz)
The Orgasm Threesome Set was the item I walked into the store to see, but for now it is only available online, arriving in stores soon!

Trust me: If you don't need any more eyeshadow or blush, you will still be tempted by the 2 palettes. The Orgasm Threesome Set is half the price of the palettes. Although minis, they last; flatter every skin tone; and  are still a good value. 

On your birthday you must decide ... how good will you be to yourself?


You may also enjoy:

2 comments:

  1. Wow, these all look terrific. You are very good at finding excellent make-up. I am going for No 1, the cheek colour, which are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great, find on my Ulta visit, Trish. I went out to do errands, popped into the store along the route to take a look at the new Thresome Orgasm Limited Edition (last item), which the store didn't have yet, so I sampled the Exposed Cheek Palette -- I was hooked! The colors look so intense, but are sheer and completely natural! It's a tad costly, but a good amount of product so will last a long time.

      Delete