Thursday, April 25, 2019

Revamping Your Skincare Routine For Less

For anti-aging potions to work, they must contain the right ingredients including: 

1) Antioxidants - Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Coenzyme Q10, green tea.

2) Glycolic acid - a/k/a hydroxyacetic acid

3) Peptides

4) Retinols (over the counter) - or retinoids (prescription strength)


Plus they must be used regularly. Well, it just got simpler because nowadays anti-aging elixirs are available in a drugstore aisle. Containing the same ingredients as their pricey upscale cousins, they really work, and you can afford to use them every day. 

Here are 4 top performers from 4 well-known beauty brands for less:

1) Olay Regenerist Miracle Boost Concentrate (above↑) -Infused with advanced amino-peptide complex II to speed up skin cell turnover, and 5% niacinamide to brighten your complexion. Smooths lines and sofens the appearance of wrinkles. Pair it with a Regenerist moisturizer for maximum skin hydration.
2) L'Oréal Paris Age Perfect Eye Renewal - Hydrates, firms and smooths crows feet. Reduces dark circles and gets rid of under eye bags and crepey lids.
3) Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Accelerated Hyaluronic Acid Retinol Night Cream - Contains fast acting rentinol SA and hyaluronic acid to treat wrinkles and erase the appearance of lines while you sleep.
4) No7 Restore & Renew Face And Neck Multi Action Serum - Lifts and tightens a crepey and sagging neck. Contains dimethicone, glycerin, butylene glycol, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, Isononyl isononanoate, gluconolactone, dimethicone crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, 3-O-ethyl ascorbic acid and pentylene glycol.

My neck will have to sag because I stop at my face; however, I'm including an effective neck serum since some people may worry about an aging neck. Frankly what I can't see, I don't treat as I long to get out of my bathroom.

What's terrific about finding anti-aging beauty products at the local drugstore is, you can take already well-prices items, wait for a sale then apply your reward points to get a steal! Rarely must you break the bank!


You may also enjoy:
NARS Spring Beauty
Join The Makeup Revolution
Do We Need Sunless Tanners?  
LUSH Shampoo And Conditioners

7 comments:

  1. Dearest Debbie,
    Well, I would be very, very cautious in using any of those...
    As for Olay, it does not have a very positive rating at EWG's Skin Deep Database. https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/search.php?query=Olay
    Don't have the time for checking the others but I certainly always do before buying anything myself.
    Happy weekend and hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are entitled to your opinion, Mariette and doing whatever seems best for you. Hopefully everyone has the same freedom and will decide for themselves.

      Delete
    2. Just being analytical as we've always checked out things, guess being a microbiologist causes that... Personal freedom and responsibility for each and everyone of us, provided people are mentally fit to wisely decide for themselves. Happy weekend Debbie! 😉

      Delete
    3. I think of myself as rather analytical also, Mariette, and I agree with making infomed decisions. I also like looking at several sources. No one should accept a single source, including what I say. Most things are not black and white. Scientists can disagree too. And sometimes one study contradicts another. Or advice changes with subsequent studies, or when looking at other factors. Or data doesn't translate into application to life. With just everything, it's benefits vs side effects vs costs ($$ affordability). And at the end of the day, one size does not fit all. Which is why on my blog I review different options and products -- but with integrity, I try things myself. I happen to love Olay; L'Oréal; Neutrogena; and No 7 and use them without hesitation. I also love organic skin care and review those too. Here's a previous blog you might enjoy: https://thesavvvyshopper.blogspot.com/search?q=organic. There are other organic product blogs too that are easily found.

      Delete
    4. Debbie, my reaction about being analytical refers only to the facts of ingredients present in certain products. Not on any other opinions. Those are the bare facts and how it will be interpreted may vary. Opinions never can alter the ingredients... 🌞

      Delete
  2. I love Olay too, have been using it for 30 years before sunscreen was added to the moisturizer and the serums came out. They've been great for my complexion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Jill, to the blog! I agree. Been using Olay for awhile too.

      Delete