Thursday, December 12, 2019

5 Beauty & Style Finds For Holiday Gifts

Today's 5 beauty and style gift ideas are finds I bought for myself at various times and love so much I have no doubt others will love them too:

1) Anne Klein Women's Rose Gold-Tone Bracelet Watch - I own this gorgeous watch. The rose gold is so pretty, and the watch looks ultra expensive, but it's not. It has Japanese quartz movement, and after over 2 years, it still wears shiny and new! Since the watch has been around for a while, the price has dropped, making it a sweet deal as well!
2) Pro Beauty Tools Professional Gold 1" Curling IronA find from T.J. Maxx, where I discover lots of stellar brands, I would otherise not know about. Reduced to a bargain price of $12! The curling iron heats up in 30 seconds flat; and the 1" barrel is the perfect size for most hair lengths. Finally, the curling iron is easy to hold and compact to tuck away. 
3) SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Yogurt Hydrate + Repair Shampoo - Usually comes in 13 oz (but look for a special 19.5 oz size) - The beauty brand began in 1912 making personal care products like shampoos and conditions with nothing but clean, botanical ingredients. There is none better on the market! Plus this top-notch brand is sold in drugstores at drugstore prices! 
4) SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Condition - Like the shampoo, this usually contains 13 oz (but luck into a special 19.5 oz size with 50% more free if you see it). SheaMoisture works beautifully on all hair types; and there are tons of different formulas to address individual needs. Every single one is terrific. (The 2 featured in today's blog are the latest formulas I'm trying over the winter.) Each leaves my hair feeling super soft and smelling terrific!

5)  Tinted Lip treatments - Any of the following are intensely moisturzing with a pop of flattering color:

a. Laura Merier Lip Balm - A pricey splurge, but it's a super thoughtful gift because it hydrates, prevents and smooths chapped winter tramatized lips.

b. Fresh - The retailer has special edition balm collections for a festive presentation.

c. Bite Beauty - Ditto, 
also available in special balm holiday editions.

d. Smith's Rosebud Salve - A personal favorite. I may buy a friend a $22 lip balm for Christmas, but I use a $6 - $8 salve for myself that has been around since the year 1892. Gladly would I make the introduction to others by gifting it to them! The lip salve comes in an assortment of flavors from the original to vanilla, strawberry, rose & mandarin and  minted rose. Housed in a practical tin container and sold at drugstores, Walmart, Target and Sephora. You can't go wrong! 

The friends and family on your holiday list will absolutely love their gifts and thank you for opening their eyes to such wonderful tried and true products.


You may also enjoy:
3 Gifts For New York City Lovers
What Did You Get For Christmas?
Sweets And Treats As Holiday Gifts
A Savvy Shopper's Guide For Holiday Gifts

5 comments:

  1. That is a lovely watch Debbie. I am very partial to rose gold and find it rather tempting! The Manuka shampoo is interesting too, although I have never seen it around here. I need to consider different shampoo - I am letting my hair go grey, time to take the plunge :) Actually, I turned allergic to hair dye and realised I was glad to have an excuse to stop the monthly tints. Might need to use a brighter lipstick too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find many Australian made beauty products at our local TJ Maxx, so I wonder if you might see SheaMoisture products at your TK Maxx -- the same retailer. (It's only fair. :) Worth keeping an eye open for it. Here the SM soaps, shampoos, conditions are massed produced and sold at drugstores, usually marketed for African American hair -- but people should ignore the marketing. They are the best organic hair and skin products and affordable in the beauty industry! Above, I linked directly to the company's website too, so readers can browse to see how to order and everywhere the brand is available to buy.

      I only met my Oma (grandmother) after her blond hair had turned white. Although my hair was never blond, but always chestnut brown, my grey hairs are the same white color (not yellow) as hers. I think white grey hair looks nice -- not so much the in-between salt and pepper phase. So I bet you will look lovely with one color again.

      My mother told me bright color takes 10 years off your appearance. So I'm in! I also love pretty bright colors!!

      Delete
  2. Dearest Debbie,
    We did look around yesterday at TJ Maxx in Atlanta, we have one here but not quite the big city size.
    They had also a lovely rose gold watch, similar to the one you show here.
    Many sweet and useful gifts can be found there!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete