Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Who Wears Short Shorts?

Photo: Uniqlo High-Rise Denim Shorts

As much as I love summer, I haven't worn shorts in several years! Perhaps because I reside in Manhattan (as opposed to a suburb), I live in Old Navy casual-smart dresses. They slide over your arms and head and voilà you are entirely dressed for the day. A change of shoes with some jewelry will take you from home or an afternoon in Central Park to a night out on the town (before COVID). I love multi-tasking things of every kind including clothes! Unlike Victorians and Edwardians, who dressed in the morning and again for dinner, the right casual-smart outfit in the 21st century is suitable for all the events of a single day!

Many people like having some shorts in their summer wardrobe.

Old Navy styles

At Old Navy the styles of shorts are numerous, continuous and ever changing during warmer months ... not surprising as the merchant specializes in sports and activewear. 
Uniqlo 3/4 length shorts

What's more, Uniqlo holds its own in the activewear and shorts department. Its collection is versatile, upscale and budget-friendly too. Some of Uniqlo's pieces are garden party, casual-smart. Old Navy matches Uniqlo's garden party vibe primarily with its summer dresses.
Uniqlo styles

Between the 2 retailers, there's no need to look elsewhere. Both have an unparalleled winning short selection in many styles including chinos and biker shorts, as well as, in different lengths, colors and styles. I've posted a tiny sampling offered at unbeatable prices even before applied promotions - which Uniqlo and Old Navy are always running. Why pay more?


You may also enjoy:

1 comment:

  1. I wear shorts at home right through our long Summer - they are the only thing which is comfortable in high heat and humidity! My sister asked me the other day what age we stop wearing our shorts, and I said 'Never'. However, I no longer wear them out in the community, with the exception of some of the 3/4 length styles you show. I buy them at Uniqlo or K Mart, or similar places. Of course if I lived in Manhattan, I would be much more elegant :)

    ReplyDelete