Monday, November 9, 2020

Back At Uniqlo on Saturday Wearing Uniqlo

 


The SAVVY SHOPPER is a written word, not a photoblog, therefore photos of me are few and far apart. (You're welcome readers, I spare you!
😁)  Every once in a while, I throw one up here because it's normal to be curious about a blogger.

New Your City is very spring-like for several days. In fact, it will be 76 degrees F today in November ... summer! This was me on Saturday browsing in one of my favorite stores, Uniqlo, the innovative Japanese retailer of super practical and budget-friendly clothing, accessories and occasionally shoes. Frankly, the shoes are not up to the same standard as Uniqlo's other offerings, but the merchant has just ventured into shoes, so their quality will likely improve if continued. Fashionistas will be tempted to buy Uniqlo shoes for their unbeatable prices ($19 - $49) and perhaps the looks ... not for their durability though. Also, they lack adequate support and comfort for walking on concrete city blocks.

In the picture above, I happen to have on some of the articles I've recommended on THE SAVVY SHOPPER. How apropos to be wearing the Uniqlo dress I bought in the spring to Uniqlo! Truly, a useful transitional dress, or when the weather is wonderfully out-of-wack balmy. I'm wearing a Uniqlo airism bra top underneath it as a camisole, as well as, a Uniqlo nylon parka. The sneakers are the decades-long-world-popular Converse, and I insert Nazaroo insoles inside for arch support so I can walk around the city in them. No-show (plus ankle) socks I always buy 5 pairs for $9.95 at H&M. My black "liberated" leather Foley & Corinna crossover purse completes my outfit. And of course, during our pandemic days, we never leave our homes without our face masks. Bulletins are posted at the door of all New York City retailers: You must wear a face covering to enter.

How I love days before we start freezing! It's so lovely to be out and about without all the essential layering of cold weather!!


You may enjoy:

2 comments:

  1. So fun to see you in Uniqlo, Debbie. We have that store in common :) I went past today, and they have black/white check items I need to explore for Summer. I should try my own selfie in Uniqlo - for purposes of comparison! he he. I love my Marimekko b/w shirtdress these days. Great result in the election, the whole world is feeling relieved!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Trish, you must take a photo in you Marimekko dress at Uniqlo to post also! We'll be the human equivalent of sister cities.:) Do it!!

      What a nail biter of an election and astonishing how close it was. Glad the world approves of our winner, the President Elect. 2020 has highlighted the importance of having experienced leaders at the helm, as well as, how interconnected the world is. In this life, certainly, we are all in it together.

      Delete