Monday, November 29, 2021

My Coach Bag Capsule + Stocking Stuffers

Zoe Carryall bag in pebble leather
Sometimes Luxury bag YouTubers feature their Hermès, Chanel, or Dior collections ... but readers as you know, I'm a Coach gal. Moreover, I have a capsule, not a collection of Coach bags that I bought over a period of years. And yet, in the spirit of a YouTube bag maven, I'll show you my Coach capsule of handbags. Two of my Coach bags have sold out since I bought them (I have like-alternatives for you) -- and if you check back with Coach periodically they so often launch very similar bags in the style you like, therefore you need not go without. Use my Coach capsule as inspiration for the type of bags that are right for you!

In fact, Coach has so many fabulous bags, there's a stylish, enduring, and practical bag for everyone. Today is Cyber Monday, but it is only the start of all the sales that will be offered from now until January at retailers including Coach.

Here are the bags I loved enough to buy:

Rogue 25 in pebble leather
1) My Zoe Carryall bag - (See top image.👆) 
Why I love it: At 11 1/2'' (L) x 8'' x (H) 5 1/4" (W), it's the perfect compact size to hold lots of stuff. The refined, durable, soft, pebble leather is beautiful, and the inside suede-lined pockets are functional. A leather crossover strap is a must-have in Manhattan, as is a top handle.

Unfortunately, this bag has sold out, but you can still get a Coach bag that is nearly the same look, size, and functionality. The closest carryall bag available now is the Coach Rogue 25, which comes in several types of leather, colors, and textures. The adorable gold lock and clochette on the Zoe have been replaced on the Rogue 25 with a lovely Coach horse and carriage emblem tag. I love how an extended zipper makes getting into the bag and seeing your essentials a breeze. The Coach Zoe is available on Amazon undiscounted, but I would be happy with either bag. BTW: Pebble leather is what Hermès calls Togo leather in a Birken, which is full-grain leather.

Rowan Sattchel in Crossgrain leather
2) Coach Rowan Satchel - One of Coach's bestsellers, it is Crossgrain leather making it scratch-resistant, water-resistant, and looks brand new after much use and abuse. You don't have to baby this bag! Again, I love its compact size that still holds lots of stuff functionality. The bag is made of the same exact leather as the Hermès Kelly bag. Offered in several colors and textures.

Quinn Crossbody in Glovetaned leather





3) My bag is similar in design to the Quinn Crossbody bag (👈over to the left), which I bought in black decades ago at age 16, and at the time, it had no style name. Back then, I knew nothing about handbags, and yet I recognized quality when I saw it. Just like its twin Quinn Crossbody, my handbag is Glovetanned leather -- so-called because it's the same robust and supple leather that baseball gloves are made of. I got mine at a discount fashion shop for $20 bucks -- the best $20 bill I ever spent as I still own the purse today! It also began my love of the Coach brand -- that when full-priced my parents thought was an extravagant luxury bag for a teenage girl. And so their worries began, "Oh, no, she likes the finer things, just doesn't have a job! Well, she'll have to find one," was their answer.

4)
 Coach Marlie Top Handle Satchel - The last in my capsule of Coach bags was the subject of last week's blog. It is my Christmas gift to myself and fills the need for an everyday bag that can also double as an evening bag. The Nappa leather I selected is sold out, but the Marlie is still available in other leathers, colors, and textures. Plus there are similar Coach bags in Nappa leather (and textures), like the Kip Turnlock Crossbody or Lane Shoulder bags.

So right now I have every bag I need. Unlike the YouTube influencers who collect bags, I won't buy another Coach bag until one of mine wears out. Coach bags last for years, so I'm good!

I'll toss in some cute Coach Stocking Stuffers offered that make terrific holiday gifts since the holiday season has begun:

1. Horse And Carriage Bag Charm - Usually I don't spend money on bag charms. They add weight and bulk to your handbag, and a bag is enough of an expense for me. I don't need decorations. But this is so darn cute, I'd buy it for a friend who loves Coach bags. It also appears to have a function if you want to hang a few keys on it. The charm also comes in silver.
2. Airpod Cases that double as keyrings - I usually get my SLGs and purse accessories at T.J. Maxx for less. Sometimes rules should be broken if you see a thoughtful, pleasing gift or perhaps a splurge to put a smile on a face. These airpod keyrings are super cute and reasonably priced. 

3. Card Holders - Coach offers an assortment of cardholders with different functions. Do you need a key ring, an I.D. card window, or a zipper and slot to hold coins? Features I like are the slimmest cardholders I can find with lots of slots to hold cards. I always need to carry more cards than I think!

Let me know which Coach bags and/or other goods you like most.


You may also enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment