Wednesday, November 23, 2022

I Took The Colbert Questionert


CBS talk show host, Steven Colbert, likes to ask celebrity guests 15 questions. The exercise has taken off with bloggers, and for fun, below are my answers:

1
. 
Best sandwich?
Fried breadcrumb-coated cod fish on rye with lots of ketchup.

2. What's one thing you own that you really should throw out?
A black, Chanel-patterned London Fog raincoat with a worn-out-ripped inner lining. Ralph Lauren took a 2nd glance at it as he jogged past me in Central Park! See, it's still stylish.

3. What is the scariest animal?
Alligator or crocadile, reptiles that drown and eat parts of you.

4. Apples or oranges?
Oranges ... but if I had to pick apples, I'd say a tarty McIntosh or Granny Smith.
 
5. Have you ever asked someone for their autograph?
Nope, but I attended several meet-and-greets at People magazine where I got autographed swag, and I received a Christmas card from a famous person, and therefore an autograph.

6. What do you think happens when we die?
I don't know with absolute certainty. It requires a leap of faith. Why wait for the next world to perfect this one? Make things right now!

7. Favorite action movie?
The very 1st Die Hard (1989). Saw it in the 20th Century Fox screening room in New York City with a fun co-worker and got pulled into the adventure.

8. Favorite smell?
Rose🌹 in scented soaps, lotions, oils, etc.

9. Least favorite smell?
A gym. I've never survived a trial membership ... due to boredom and that smell.

10. Sparkling or Flat?
Flat.

11. Exercise, worth it?
Absolutely. Whatever you can stick with ... walking, biking, hiking.

12. Most used app on your phone?
YouTube.


13. You get one song to listen to for the rest of your life: what is it? 
Nearly impossible to answer and it's the only question I will cheat on answering. The City of New Orleans Steve Goodman, writer; Arlo Guthrie, performer. The melody is catchy, and the lyrics have a lot of imagery to occupy my mind. I'd like to have two songs and if allowed, Supersition by Stevie Wonder. Readers, if I can't have both, help me, pick the one? 

14. What number am I thinking of?
Will this go anywhere? How will I know if I'm correct?

15. Describe the rest of your life in 5 words?
Life ... curated and with purpose. (Made it up before this questionnaire.) 

If you, readers, want to answer these questions, please do under comments.


You may also enjoy:

2 comments:

  1. I've been catching up on some your entries so this comment is 3 weeks late...anyway, regarding #13 the one re fave song- I've hooked up some good radio feeds recently (bought myself a tablet for 2021 Holidays and now figuring out what I can do with it) and I heard Willie Nelson version of "City of New Orleans" which gives Arlo a run for his money. Also David Allen Coe singing a song re Steve Goodman is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Barry, there's no such thing as 3 weeks late on this blog. Comments are always welcome and the many more of the blogs don't date than do. :)

      A good song also doesn't date and can be song for several artists.

      Delete