Monday, September 11, 2023

Active Wear For Home or Play

Since the pandemic forced us to stay at home for 2 years to work and play people are dressing ultra casually when they leave the house. Although I see people wearing questionable sweats, loungewear, and what resembles houseshoes even in Midtown Manhattan, overall casual attire is more good than bad. In fact, I'm a huge fan of a casual smart appearance. When we match colors, stick to neutrals and complementary colors, we can dress in comfort and still look like we care ... like we've made an effort before leaving home.

The following are 5 wardrobe pieces people on Amazon and elsewhere overwhelmingly love. Based on many 5-star reviews each piece is super comfortable to wear at home; to the gym; or to run errands around town including all the way to Midtown Manhattan:

Casual Smart Comfort for Home, Gym, or Running Around Town:

1) Hoka Ora Recovery 3 Slides - Runners began wearing these after long or tough races to support and help their feet recover. They cushion and let your feet breathe.

2) Colorfulkoala leggings and yoga pants - I'm always bookmarking leggings and yoga pants that get rave reviews at a fair price. Colorfulkoalas come in several styles, lengths, and colors, including shorts. With 48,000 Amazon reviews, customers say they are dupes for some of the higher-end more expensive activewear. Personally, I lean towards cotton with a small percentage of spandex leggings, but these are praised as buttery soft with 4-way stretch and sweat-wicking technology. I'd compare them to Uniquo's Airism technology and their cost is far below Lululemon, Athleta, and GAP. For casual work meetings, I'll pair black yoga pants and a cotton t-shirt under a well-fitted wool blazer with ballet flats and nobody is the wiser. The trick is not to dress casually from head to toe but to mix casual pieces with fitted pieces and classic shoes.

3) Filoto Running Belt Fanny Pack - I have never liked the look of fanny packs, but this one is stylish and still holds your phone, cardholder, keys, and cash. So you really can leave your bag at home. The fanny pack is unisex to fit the waists of men or women. IMHO it looks more like a sleek accessory than a fanny pack.

4) Uniqlo Airism tops - for men and women - Wisks away sweat, there are several styles and a wide assortment of colors. Some have built-in bras, and others have a dominant percentage of cotton fibers.

5) Hoka One Sneakers - For running, walking, and playing. They're as popular as Nikes on the streets of Manhattan. Everybody seems to be wearing them.

If you pair the right neutrals and complementary colors you can dress in comfort without needing to change your clothes if you stay home; exercise; or roam away from home.

 

You may also enjoy:

4 comments:

  1. Some interesting pieces here, Debbie. I feel I should up my game with the casual wear. The recovery slides are interesting, and I will keep a lookout for those. Am I the only person on the planet who has never worn Yoga pants? possibly.... I have tried them on but do not like the look or feel. I prefer pants with a bit of air circulation, thought I keep the pants slim. It is definitely time for me to look at Uniqlo tees again, with Summer coming on fast over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For what I see of your photos, you have great taste, my friend! But should you find yourself at Uniqlo, you might as well try in their yoga pants. I love how warm they are in cold weather. Also they are more forgiving than denim. :)

      Delete
  2. My comment is on the fanny packs. This summer, I have been doing some travels and have noted that at least some fanny packs are being put to use draped from one shoulder across the folks chests, carrying cellphones certainly, and maybe also wallets etc. Actually I tried this (with boring light beige colored Victorinox fanny pack that I had from previous trips) and it was made some sense. Hooked up some earphones (thanks, Delta Airlines) and listened to music on the phone.

    ReplyDelete