Friday, September 15, 2023

Inflation Busters: Look For Value Naturals Snacks

With inflation falling but still with us, food is taking a big bite out of everybody's budget. At my local Key Food Supermarket, as well as, at other supermarkets including Shop Rite, Value Naturals brand of snacks is still an excellent value. I paid $4.99 for 9 ounces of Walnuts, $1.99 for 6 ounces of Crystalized Sliced Ginger, and $2.99 for 8 ounces of Sun Dried Tomatoes. This Supermarket label has a wide assortment of other snacks available including candies and an oriental umami-flavored mix. I don't buy the oriental unami crunchy snacks with dried horseradish flavored peas because when in my pantry I can't stop eating them! I do pop 2 or 3 of the Crystalized Ginger slices in my mouth if I crave something sweet; the walnuts for a healthy dose of protein; and the Sun Dried Tomatoes if I eat cheese and crackers but think I should have cooked a vegetable.

My 3 favorites are always in my pantry. In addition to snacks, they can go on a cheese platter ... the Sun Dried Tomatoes go well in salads ... and the Walnuts into baked goods.
Although not sold in bigger sizes, they seem to last for a while, and the value pricing makes them inexpensive to rebuy as needed. I feel a little more affluent and fancy stocking them, caviar tastes on a tuna fish budget as the saying goes.😁😂 

Speaking of which, look for Value Naturals Snacks in the canned tuna, produce, or meat sections of your local supermarket. Usually, you'll find them in the exterior, i.e., the aisles near the walls where the real food lays.


You may also enjoy

1 comment: