Thursday, August 27, 2020

Bite The Bullet For Vionic Shoes

Vionic Desiree Quilted Ballet Flat - meet my new fall shoe!
If you have high arches, there is nooo way around buying shoes with solid arch support if you ever want to wear ballet flats or sandals, including flip flops. I do wear Old Navy rubber flip flops around the house and my neighborhood, but never, ever if I plan to walk more than a few blocks on city concrete.

Memory foam never works for me for more than a day. With wear rather than forming to the shape of my foot, the form decompresses flat as a pancake. Naturalizers, always stylish and moderately priced, are made of leather too soft to hold my feet in place as I walk, and without steadiness, my feet feel tired at the end of the day.

So far the most supportive shoes I've come across with excellent arch support are made by Vionic. Unfortunately, they are expensive, although "cheap" compared to many overpriced designer shoes, as well as, foot surgery and pain!

Also consider this truth: We're ALL falling apart every year of our lives, wearing out various body parts day-by-day!😅🦶🦷 As we age, we lose the fat layers under our feet; and our muscles and tendons lose elasticity which can lead to foot pain. Good supportive shoes prevent futher damage and pain. Paying the piper for a proven benefit is a must. For happy feet, do it!
They have a Chanel look if you think about it.
Have you noticed how many brands of shoes are no longer made of leather uppers? I'm open to fake leather for jackets or purses, but shoes are the one item I really need to stick with real leather over man-made materials if they're going to be problem-free. Leather shoes mold to my feet and let my tootsies breathe. Often man-made materials have no give, and they buster. The shoes are stiff and hot, not so with genuine leather.

Luckily I got the last pair of Vionic ballet flats in my size with 30% off of the full price of $119. Let's say like me, you wear a US size 8 - 8 1/2 depending on the shoe brand: Vionic recommends going up 1/2 size (order 8 1/2) for their closed-toe shoes, and go down 1/2 size (order an 8) in their sandals. With choice galore, I wouldn't have bought a quilted look, however, I think the style will grow on me. What I love is the upper Nappa leather with the dressy patent leather toe and what Vionic calls a "biomechanically designed" footbed to hug my arches. It's some sort of orthotic comfort arch support -- and that is why customers bite the bullet for Vionic shoes.
Vionic Tide Aloe Toe Post Sandal - Bite the bullet if you can't find a sale. 
I just ordered Vionic's thug sandal based on how good the ballet flat feels. They are podiatrist approved (per my research over the years) "if you must wear thongs." The foot doctors say don't wear them exclusively, switch off. Ideally, you want shoes to stabilize your heels, yet most sandals with heel straps aren't much better than these strapless thongs. With the end of summer sales + an extra 10% off promo, I paid $30. A steal! Normally they are as expensive as the shoes. Know that I was flexible on the style of both pairs of Vionic shoes to find discounts in my size. Both shoes had to be leather as discussed. The sandal had to have one additional characteristic -- a dark interior footbed and sole so the sandals never look dirty. (I was open to black, navy, or pewter colors.)

So these are my shoe tips for feet with high arches + how to score a good price. Vionics are the bomb in comfort!!!🧨 And perhaps one expensive pair with good arch support (per season) is always the way to go. A lesson we often forget when tempted by cuteness, right?


You may also enjoy:
A Happy Father's Day
Sèzane: The French Way
Consider The Shape Of Your Foot
Pandemic Sheltering In Place Fashion

4 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous flats, and definitely look like Chanel to me. I am not sure if I have high or low arches - but I do wear orthotics most of the time. They are made individually for my feet, and I get a lot of pain if I don't wear them. But I manage to find nice shoes in certain brands, and you have sure done the same :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish, you can figure out what type of foot you have easily. Wet the bottom of your feet and step on a brown paper bag to see. You will see 1 of 3 footprints: https://thesavvvyshopper.blogspot.com/2009/09/shape-of-your-foot.html. Once you know, you will always buy the right type of shoes.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing this wonderful post keep your awesome work
    I have many hobbies. I love to travel and read. But my favorite hobby is cooking. Let me tell you why! First, I'll tell you a little bit about why I started cooking. Secondly, I'll give you some information about what I like to cook. Third, I will say how I use the Fooddy Blog for cooking.

    When I started cooking, I was 10 years old. My mom wants me to be a chef. She has always believed that girls have to make different types of food, because one day they will get married. In my country, it is normal for girls not to cook. I feel lucky because I can cook many dishes. Now that I cook some of the dishes my children and husband love, I become happy and proud of my mother and myself. i'm a fooddy Please share if you love me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Food Blog. I'm surprised you didn't leave this under a food topic … but a fashion subject. Nonetheless, welcome here!

      Delete