Friday, March 22, 2019

IT's Velvet Luxe LBD Makeup Brushes For Ulta

Quality makeup brushes are necessary, but usually pricey! With cheap brushes, shedding is often a problem. After I tired of picking tiny hairs off my face, I walked over to Ulta to buy an IT Powder Brush For Ulta (lists for $48)  from the company's Velvet Luxe LBD line. Fortunately, it was half price on promotion. 

This powder brush is a makeup tool I love! The handle is easy to hold and control. The brush is dense; soft; and gives an even application for a smooth finish. After daily use for the last 8 months, there is absolutely no shedding of bristles.

If you are going to splurge on one cosmetic brush, this is the one to buy.

Recently IT launched a travel kit of 5 brushes, however, I think it's a waste of money. Full-size brushes don't take up much room in a suitcase, nor add significant weight. Instead: Splurge on one good brush that you use daily ... for me it was IT's Velvet Luxe LBD powder brush. For you it could be the retailer's blush, or eyeshadow brush. Whatever cosmetic you use daily, buy a good cosmetic brush to apply it.

With its sales and rewards, Ulta is an excellent retailer to pick up cosmetics and makeup tools.


You may also enjoy:  
5 Beauty Gift Ideas
Join The Revolution of Makeup  
It Pays To Give Old Things A New Life
Let's Talk: What's In Your Makeup bag?

8 comments:

  1. Even from a photo you can tell that is a great brush. Another brand I have never heard of, but will keep on the lookout. You find the best things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ... music to my ears, I introduced you to something new and useful! :)

      Although never buying the rock-bottom cheapest, I was slow to pay this much (at half price $24) for one makeup brush, but now I truly understand the difference in using an outstanding brush. I'm still too cheap to buy the whole set, but I can see adding a blush brush eventually. Right now I'm using a good blush brush from The Body Shop, that I found at TJ Maxx discounted for $4 - $5. In December, I saw a set of IT brushes at TJ Maxx for $24 -- but with the IT brand, there are different lines within the main brand, and I don't think they are all equal. I sort of wish I had taken the chance and bought them. Be on the lookout, Trish at your TK Maxx stores, which are the same as our TJ Maxx. For sure the "Velvette Luxe LBD" is top-notch -- if not listed on the package, I simply eyeball the bristles and handle.

      Delete
  2. Dearest Debbie,
    They are very vague about describing the contents of this brush... IS it real hair? Guess it has to be for having absolute high quality.
    I'm very lucky for having invested decades ago in a complete set of Chanel brushes that I got in a special offer at Neiman Marcus. So in the end that was a super deal as it lasts forever! I've even given my youngest niece one of these brushes and she was quite thrilled getting it.
    It looks like they perfected the dense setting of the hairs into this ergonomic brush. Enjoy it for many years to come.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To answer your question, Mariette, no the bristles are not real hair, but they seem as top-notch as if they were. From research, I know real hair make the best bristles ... today technology has caught up to match real hair. That is not to say that synethic bristles are always as good, but the brush I'm recommending here is as far as softness, its application of makeup, its ability to be washed and its durability. Plus it doesn't shed. So all-around an A rating!

      Delete
  3. Great post, Debra. There is absolutely no question that the right tool for the right job makes all the difference, and makeup brushes are no exception. If you buy a good brush you never have to replace it. Some of my brushes are over 40 years old and still perfect.

    Natural bristle brushes are the most expensive, but worth it. They should be used with your powder products. Synthetic bristle brushes work best w/cream products. Clean them regularly and they will last forever. I use the same cleanser I use on my face and lukewarm water. Don't stand them up to dry. The water will run into the base of the brush and damage the glue over time. Best to lay them flat.

    Thanks for the tips on where to get great brushes. I love the look of that IT brush from Ulta. Great bristles, great shape.

    Cheers, M-T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great tips, Marie-Thérèse! The brushes do wash well and with your tips, I will be sure to wash them regularly and not to stand them out. So good to know!

      Delete
    2. PS M-T, you will appreciate that I'm enjoying a glass of Nicolas Feuillatte champaigne (brut rose) with melted cheddar on Luthanian bread and a great salad (with the works of crunchies, chicken, bacon bites and a vinaigrette dressing). Delicious together!

      Delete