Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Pretty Hearts For Her

 
Sometimes I think Valentine's Day exists to bridge the gap between New Year's Day and Easter Sunday. It's such a long stretch, there needs to be something to celebrate. And what's more, here on the Western hemisphere, it's winter. Everything has died! We need the vibrance of red and the warmth of love to recharge us ... Valentine's Day is the perfect excuse to wear  red, sparkles and hearts. The following are adorable heart necklaces that would make festive Valentine' Day jewelry ... perhaps a gift for a lucky someone:

1) 14K White Gold Ruby Pavรจ Heart Pendent - (See the above image .) I've been looking at this heart pendent for ages because it's gorgeous and a generous size. You won't need your eye glasses to see its loveliness! It has 6 1/2 carats of rubies and 1/2 carat of diamonds in 14k white gold. I cannot lie, the one disappoint is true of so many pendents nowadays, namely the chain it hangs on so so slight, customers will need to replace it with another more substantial chain. For the money, it shouldn't be so flimsy, but with the high price of gold these day, it nearly always is!
2) Ruby 2 1/4 ct and Dimond Accent Heart Pendent Necklace in Serling Silver - I would fawn over this neckless if I hadn't set my sights on choice #1. The heart is smaller, yet still pretty and also comes in pink sapphires, or blue sapphires. The silver metal in lieu of gold makes it a more budget-friendly alternative.
3) Silver With Rubies (2 1/2 carats) and Diamonds (1/5 carat) Necklace. - A slanted heart orbited by the sparkle of diamonds pendent. Cute and different!
I thought I'd show you a throwback diamond heart necklace. The late stage actress Arlene Francis was a 25 year panelist of the game show, What's My Line. Ms. Francis popularized diamond heart necklaces by wearing hers daily and on the show. It was a gift given to her by her husband, Hollywood actor-producer, Martin Gabel on their one year wedding anniversary in the 1940s. Sadly 40+ years later in 1988, the heart pendent was ripped off her neck by a mugger in Manhattan as she exited a taxi, a heartbreaking loss for her since Martin had died.๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ–ค 

Martin Gabel was the son of a Philadelphia jeweler and what a big, gorgeous, diamond heart it was! It's the perfect size for me! ๐Ÿ˜ I want one, but alas, who could afford the huge diamond heart pendent in today's dollars!?! Looking, ogling and admiring is free, I always say. So let's stare at it for awhile.๐Ÿ˜ First a dreamer, then a realist ... that would be me!

The ruby and diamond heart necklaces I curated above are more affordable ... and go on sale often!


You may also enjoy:

5 comments:

  1. I have never seen a ruby heart necklace like these - aren't they gorgeous! I have not heard of Arlene Francis, but she looks lovely wearing her heart necklace. What a sad story that it was stolen that way.
    PS - I will be watching TV here to see the events in Washington. The world is hoping all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm watching President Biden's inauguration speech as I type. I've always loved the ritual of the changing of administrations in the USA, seeing all the branches of government attending.

      The hearts are indeed gorgeous!

      Delete
    2. The inauguration appeared to go well. I enjoy the ritual too, because we have nothing like that in Australia. It was during the night here, but on morning TV I have seen bits and pieces of it, and hope they will run the whole thing again later. I particularly want to hear all of President Biden's speech. Loved the colour of the First Lady's outfit.

      Delete
    3. I agree, it went very well and First Lady Jill Biden looked beautiful in her dress. As did VP Kamala Harris, and Michelle Obama to name three. One feels people are in charge who know how to govern and get things done.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this informative blog. Check out our diamond pendant necklace selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our store.

    ReplyDelete