Monday, September 27, 2021

The Swing Dress Is The Bomb

Retailers are now running their end-of-summer sales, so I bought 2 new bargain swing dresses for next year. Moreover, I could still wear at least one of them during our Indian summer, early fall days.

IMHO, the swing dress is very stylish on most figures, and on hot summer days with no seam grabbing you at the waist it's cool and comfortable too.

So without further ado, let me tell you about the 2 dresses I bought. From Landsend and with a swingy-silhouette, the two dresses are 100% linen, machine washable, above-knee in length, and have pockets! All features I love! Regularly $68 bucks, luckily reduced to under $30! A steal considering how long they'll last with proper care. 

Ordering from a catalog can be tricky, especially with a swing dress. You don't want a swing dress that is too boxy or long, as it will look like you're wearing a tent or sack. Fortunately, these two do not disappoint. They are cut to flatter, a perfect fit, and feminine. In fact, they look much cuter trying-it-on than they photograph! What a relief!! I am glad I ordered them!

Can you guess which of the two, in my opinion, might take me into the early fall?



You may also enjoy:

2 comments:

  1. They are both perfect, and appear to be a very well-drafted design. For Fall, I am guessing the check one if you wear Autumnal colours, with a jacket or coat over it. Over here, we are preparing for Summer - one day hot, one day cool. But Summer will come, it always does! Today I bought three metres of bright green linen, to make a Summer dress inspired by That Dress at the Emmys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish, at 1st I thought I had was to wear the navy blue (dark) for early fall, but you've just made me realize theat both colors would work pair with a jacket.

      After you make your inspired Emmy green dress I hope see it. I'll check your Instagram account to see you in it. What a beautiful and fun dress to have in your wardrobe, and how cool to be able to make it!

      Delete