Thursday, September 16, 2021

What Coffee Table Style Are You?

Photo: Wayfare Sobo Mini-Fridge

When I saw the top๐Ÿ‘†mini fridge coffee table on Refinery 29 I fell in love with it! It's the coffee table I wish I had room for in my small Manhattan apartment, but alas, there's no way unless I move out!๐Ÿ™‚ (Do I really need a refrigerator in my living room? No. Better for me to think about having a snack and walk into the kitchen to get it.)

In fact, a coffee table was the last piece of furniture I bought after decades of not having one out of fear it would only add clutter to my space. What I decided upon was super conservative ... two 15'' x 15'' foldaway storage ottoman cubes pushed together
and I put wheels under them. I even shied away from their larger 30" single ottoman version, which now I see would also work. Yet, I don't mind the 2 separate ottoman cubes as they are even more versatile! I can push them almost anywhere if I wish. Since they sit in front of my couch, I store blankets, as well as, pen and paper for a quick note inside the cubes. They fit so well in the room, I never fold them away! When guests come, we flop the tops over to use as trays to hold our refreshments. Also, I sit and stand on them as needed. The standing, I don't recommend on a regular basis, but in a pinch, yes, they hold up to 200 pounds.

Living in Manhattan has taught me to never bring anything into a home that doesn't have 2 -3 jobs, and now I'm forever a minimalist.

Photo: Raymour & Flanigan's Cross Island Lift-Top here

For a huge living room I'd simply size up the furniture, and you could get away with heavy, solid pieces, but keep the multi-functional aspect of a coffee table. I love how the Cross Island Lift Top coffee table (above↑) can hold a spread of food and drink (or work papers), and its bottom has several drawers for storage. The challenge is not to fill up storage with useless things you should get rid of instead of forgetting you own them.

Photo: Houzz - GDF Studio Leather Storage Ottoman here - A style that looks mod in a big living room.

The final idea (below↓) is also clever. For a tiny space, you still can have a designated spot to rest a coffee cup, computer, or phone. Behold a table that slides into almost nothing when not in use! What it lacks is a charging plug, which the manufacturer should include, though adding a charging portal would surely up its price.
Tuc-A-Way Table - the closest I can find is offered by Wayfair.

What's your coffee table style, my lovelies?


You may also enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment