Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Gotham City's Season Of the Witch

All photos were taken on a walk in my neighborhood. Click to enlarge any photo. Bart the Bartender (below, left) has your wine.

Halloween is here on The Upper East Side once more. Let me give you this year's tour. 


But a tour alone would not suffice, so accept these words of sage advice ...

🎢 "You've got to pick up every stitch," as it "must be the season of the witch."🎡

When you look outside your window what do you see?🎢


🎢 Eerie sights and spooky people to be! 🎡

The range and change are very strange! πŸŽΆ

And ... πŸŽΆ you've got to pick up every stitch. 🎡

Since it 🎢 must be the season of the witch. 🎡



Frankenstein, Satan, and Beetlejuice have come to make their pitch. πŸ”±

 While the undead slots its evil niche, πŸŽΆ you've got to pick up every stitch. πŸŽ΅

       When you look over your shoulder what do you see as true? Creepy creatures are looking back at you! πŸŽ΅πŸ‘Ί



 A skeleton upon a scaffold is spine-chillingly rich -- that's why πŸŽΆ you've got to pick up every stitch. πŸŽ΅

 

Beware! πŸ’€πŸ§›πŸ‘» ... Time to go!?!  ... πŸ§›‍♂️πŸ§ŸπŸ§™‍♀️A twitch, oh no!

The switch!! πŸ•·πŸŽƒπŸ‘Ί A stare!! 

 The scare!!! πŸ§ŸπŸΎ


Too late ... your fate is up in the air!?! πŸ–€ 

Or down below, in hell πŸ”₯ ... who knows? πŸ‘€

On the qui vive! ... watch out!! ... πŸŽΆ 
Coming down to bite ... no doubt!πŸ•·


Quick! 🎢 You've got to pick up every stitCH! πŸŽ΅


🎢 Must be the season of the witCH! πŸŽ΅

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I have never seen anything like this Debbie. It must be scary at night! I can't begin to imagine how people come up with these ideas and construct them in the city. I really don't like skeletons and witches, but the ghosts hanging off the balcony look good, and the giant spiders in the web are clever too. How very different in Australia, they only do the costumes and knock on the door, so I better get some treats ready. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you saw the post, Trish, and shared your thoughts! Each year I have the idea to show out of towners, what walking around Manhattan is like during Halloween (at least on the Upper East Side). As you see, this year I decided to fit the photos I took around the Donavan "Witch" song, but soon discovered the popular song has only a few lyrics, so I hope my additions work! The problem was I kept uploading more and more of my photos, yet was careful not to stray too far from the lyrics to ruin the effect of using the song. To me it does seem like more people have put out witches this Halloweens than in the past. Perhaps I just had witches on the brain when walking the neighborhood. :) I have never been frightened of Halloween costumes or decorations ... gives us adults an excuse to dress up like actors and have a bit of fun. I'm so proud to see many of the folks in my neighborhood go to such elaborate trouble and think the rest of the world should see it! So here we are!

      Delete
  2. Scary and spooky, Happy Halloween

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it was good to you, Barry. Welcome back to the blog!

      Delete