Monday, December 20, 2021

New Shopping Dolly Cart

For decades I've had a 2-wheeler foldup grocery cart in my closet. While I seldom need it, the times I have a heavy load to carry I do! On one of those occasions just recently, the cart fell apart about 30 blocks away from home. Getting my groceries home that day was not fun!

While the steel body of the 2-wheeler dollies is strong enough to hold the weight of groceries, their plastic wheels are not ... something I didn't notice until a wheel broke off my dolly and rolled away. Why do the 2-wheeler grocery carts have plastic wheels so we can't use them for their intended purpose? Plastic wheels ARE on all the grocery carts sold that I see in Manhattan (including the brand Dolly Trolley). It makes zero sense! Another weakness of a 2-wheeler grocery cart is, when fully loaded, it TIPS OVER on unlevel sidewalks. What's with THAT failure?! It's the only time you ever notice how uneven or unlevel Manhattan sidewalks are.πŸŽπŸ‘πŸπŸ‡

Therefore, I replaced my 2-wheeler cart with a 4-wheeler cart, namely the VersaCart. Weighing 9 pounds, it holds up to 120 pounds. Unfolding and folding it up are simple. 

The front wheels pivot 360 degrees to easily maneuver around bumps, people, and pets, and the sturdy canvas is water-resistant. All of these strengths make the VersaCart attractive, but the main reason I bought it is: The VersaCart FITS in my closet, which is not true of the 4-wheeler, metal-grad carts. When folded up, the VersaCart has only a 9-inch footprint. SOLD!


The cart also comes in red and black canvas when you can find them. Overwhelmingly customers give the cart glowing reviews, and it's cute rolling down the street! 

As editors like to say, the subject isn't sexy, but for me, it makes a fantastic present, which I ended up buying for myself at Bed, Bath and Beyond using a 20% coupon. Nobody would have thought to buy it for me, and the price was cheaper than elsewhere. 

Great for groceries or mall shopping, plus for suburbanites, it folds up nicely to go in the trunk of a car. πŸ› 


You may also enjoy:

2 comments:

  1. Life in New York is interesting! I can't imagine walking 30 blocks home with my groceries - our life is led in malls with parking attached and we wheel the supermarket trolley to the car. Your new dolly is very smart, indeed it looks quite chic to me, especially with your cute bag attached. I hope you get many years of satisfactory use from it. Merry Christmas Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I grocery shop nearby, 3 blocks away or 7 blocks away and less frequently have a longer haul. Outside of Manhattan people do need cars in the USA to get around. I miss driving! Oh Trish, I borrowed (and linked with its source) the bottom image from the internet. My cart is on backorder and won't arrive until after Christmas … but it's in the navy color … and I do have a purse very similar, so I could look chic too. :)

      Delete