Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Dior Rose Des Vents Double Sided Coat


Dior's Rose Des Vents Double-Sided Coat is super cute. Hooded and belted, it's 99% wool and 1% silk. Although I'm reluctant to pay $4,500 for the Dior designer name, I love Dior's style and this coat. Luckily I have 2 fashionable alpaca wool coats also made in Italy I bought years ago for a whole lot less and don't need another coat. But a gal can always get into fashion!

If you pine for the Dior wrap coat look, fortunately, there are a few budget-friendly options from other well-known brands that seem to be copying the Dior coat, or perhaps Dior copied them? So you don't have to pay the piper to get the vibe.


Know that the rose des vents pattern is unique and a signature of Dior. The inspired belted coats lack the pattern and hood and aren't reversible. They are also a wool blend, but still super stylish and a fair tradeoff for a much lower price tag. As Mick Jagger famously sang, "You can't always get what you want." But if you apply yourself, you can sometimes come close enough!😛
How do you feel about belted coats? I lean towards a cleaner look. I prefer buttons and snaps to a knotted belt closure. When people must fiddle with a belt, often they leave it untied. It's better to tie it in the back for neatness instead of letting it hang loose to possibly get lost.

Dior is always a fun browse for inspiration and quality!


You may also enjoy:

4 comments:

  1. The Dior coat is very chic, but I like the Ted Baker even more - maybe its the collar. I was thinking of buying something in the cheaper range like this last Winter, but was not quick enough. They all disappeared very quickly! This is funny because we have so little cold weather here, but we like the Winter vibe as a change, and most of us travel. Maybe this year will be my time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find your coat this year Trish. I also link the retailers I mention in the blog, so you can click on the blue (Ted Baker name) to check back for sales. I haven't bought a wool coat in probably 25 years. Like most merchandise, they have gotten much more expensive! I'll be sure to hang onto the alpaca coats I have! Who can afford to rebuy them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wao Its amazing article, What an interesting board, also many thanks for so in depth review! If you don't know to change Graphic card on laptops then you can also read my this blog Why are wool coats so expencive

    ReplyDelete