Thursday, August 17, 2023

CeraVe vs Cetaphil Body Washes



Usually during a morning shower, I use SheaMosture soaps to wash from face to toe, and at night I use Noxema Cleansing Cream to wash my face. They both work for me so I've never bothered to buy separate cleansers. I buy all the varieties of SheaMoisture soap and they are all equally as moisturizing. Since I was 14 years old, Noxema has been (and will always be) a staple in my bathroom.

But, recently I received samples of CeraVe Hydrating Body Wash and Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser and was surprised by how much I like them! 

Photo: HealthJade
Both are super moisturizing and worth buying to treat dry or sensitive skin. If push comes to shove, I think CevaVe is the most moisturizing cleanser followed by Cetaphil although it's like asking who is the better Broadway singer, Kristin Chenoweth or Audra Mcdonald? Either one could be called THE VOICE on Broadway, so it really boils down to personal preference.

Both CeraVe and Cetaphil cleansing washes are formulated by dermatologists. CeraVe Hydrating Body Wash has the benefit of containing ceramides and hyaluronic acid which are moisturizers present in our skin while Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser has humectant propylene glycol (a liquid added to increase water retention) to hydrate the stratum corneum (the outer layer of the skin). Also, both companies make formulas to wash just the face, but I think the majority of people can use the body cleansers for both face and body as they are super gentle and hydrating.

 Additionally, CeraVe and Cetaphil offer cleansers to treat specific skin issues like acne or bumpy skin. {Of course, each also has moisturizing creams, which I compared here.}

So the question is will I go out of my way to add a new cleanser to my skincare routine? NO, as long as what I already buy works. But if we have a harsh winter that dries out my skin, YES. For dry, flaky skin, I'll have my line-of-defense remedies ready for when I head to the drugstore. With drugstore brands like CereVe and Cetaphil, there's no reason to buy expensive alternatives. Two fabulous finds!!


You may also enjoy:

4 comments:

  1. I am always amazed by the incredible array of health and beauty products you can access in NYC! I think I have seen Cetaphil here, but not CereVe. Our supply sources in Australia have been very limited and unreliable since Covid, not to mention very expensive. It seems to be like it was after the war, as my mother used to tell me about rationing and lack of choice. I use a lot of Nivea products, which suit me and my budget, but again, sometimes cannot be found :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always had Nivea products also. Originally a German brand, now international, it's what she knew, in her youth. It's a great cream! I still like it.

      Delete
  2. Nice Article...!!! and this product is also best as i purchased his product from online for my black neck and side by side I also used ayurvedic products from herbalhillswellness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think the more products we have to choose from, the better. Also I realize that not everybody's skin is exactly the same, so it's beneficial to have different products to try. I'll check out your link also, Ayurvedic Product Manufacturers. Thanks for the link.

      Delete