Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving Friends


This year I'm especially thankful for family and friends.

As a caregiver, I'm thankful my very senior mother is not bedridden but walks inside the home with a walker. She can walk to the bathroom; and for all the foods she'll no longer eat she's surprisingly healthy, strong, and doesn't require any prescription drugs to make any of her bodily functions work properly. I'm slightly in disbelief. How is this possible on such a limited diet? She is strong enough to be safely bathed in a shower chair, which is such a huge help to a caregiver. She gets a complete spa treatment of skin, hair, and nails twice a week from me. I am surprised at how fast her hair grows. A podiatrist told me that all elderly people have nail fungus, yet my mother's nails are white and strong with no nail fungus. They grow fast too, and we must cut them weekly. Her good health for her age is a blessing.

Moreover, I'm thankful for my hometown friends and neighbors who are what we tend to call good people for short. Each one is a godsend to know. They watch our backs and property and give us lots of joy with their camaraderie and kind hearts. I love spending time with them and keeping up with their families. Our bonds make life meaningful and interesting!

Additionally, I'm thankful for my Manhattan friends, one of whom moved this year to Atlanta Georgia. But we all keep in touch regularly by telephone. Luckily I see them occasionally when we're in the same place, and when out of town by phone and texting. With New York friends, spacing out in-person visits isn't uncommon even when both parties are in New York City as New Yorkers tend to lead very active lives.

This holiday season, we miss our dear friend, Sheila, who lost her battle with breast cancer in June 2023. Life is bittersweet and it makes you appreciate loved ones even more. 

I'm grateful I have hometown and New York friends who I'll know for the rest of our days. In both locations, they are good people with kind hearts whose companionship I cherish and thoroughly enjoy.

I'm also grateful for a few blogging and Facebook friends, who reach out from across the miles 🌍🌎🌏 to support me. I suppose generosity and kindness know no bounds. Readers and fellow bloggers, you touch my heart! I enjoy connecting and hearing your thoughts. A special thank you for becoming a kindred spirit!ζ—…


You may also enjoy:

2 comments:

  1. Nice and very touching. Lots of good things here amidst craziness on many fronts.

    ReplyDelete