Thursday, May 8, 2014

Happy Mother's Day, Mom

"There is no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one." - Jill Churchill
"The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world." - W. R. Wallace
"If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." - Ferrell Sims
"God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers." - Rudyard Kipling

Like the character, Loretta Castorini, played by Cher in Moonstruck, my Mother doesn't understand why anyone spends money on flowers, since they end up in the garbage. She told me never to buy her flowers, saying, "It would not make me happy." But even my Mom will admit how pretty the above images are, and they are as permanent as the internet turns out to be.


When I was 3 to 4 years old, I remember picking my Mom the dandelions, wild violets and clover flowers growing in our yard. They are one step up from weeds, yet she always put them in a cup of water for a few days. That was sweet of her ... considering. 

Mom doesn't like nonsense, or as she puts it, "nonesensers." It's up to the rest of us to figure out what that is. Because ... um, she's German. :) Please send any flowers purchased for her my way.

Alles Gute zum Muttertag Mamma, xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment