Wednesday, March 1, 2023

IT For Ulta Velvet Luxe Goddess Kabuki Brush

Back in August 2019, I learned It Cosmetics had discontinued its amazing Velvet Luxe line of makeup brushes after visiting Ulta intent on buying a 2nd brush. This was a crazy business move as my review of the superior line of brushes describes:
This and all of the following photos relate to the last paragraph of the blog. :) Wow, I especially love the oval ring, post earrings, and matching necklace.
Here's a snippet of my review: "'Last year I bought a quality makeup brush from the IT For Ulta Velvet Luxe line. The brushes in this particular line, are plush, soft, firm, precise in the application; and never, ever shed. In other words, everything we want: It is hands down the best makeup brush I've ever used!'"

Fortunately, I found 4 of the coveted sizes of the brushes on eBay, paying bargain prices for them as it turns out! Unfortunately, the one that got away I still pine for, namely the Velvet Luxe Goddess Kabuki Brush. I can make do with the brushes I now own, but every now and then I still go online to see if somebody, somewhere, anywhere is selling my longed-for kabuki brush. Makeup brushes must be sold new-and-never-used for me to buy them, and as we get further and further away from 2019, there's little chance the kabuki brush will be listed on eBay or elsewhere. A makeup maven who buys closeouts would have to discover it stashed in her basement for us to see it listed for sale again, but if I ever find it, my set will be complete.😍


By becoming a more mindful shopper and an under buyer, I make fewer mistakes, avoid buyer's remorse and save a few bucks along the way. But the other side of the coin is, I also must accept losing out on a few desired articles. However, on balance, I think I come out ahead. 
Material things will come and go. Something new always replaces an old wish that vanishes.
No engagement is needed, I just love this ring.😀
All the lovely things posted today on this blog are on my Fairy Godmother Wish List but wisely I decided not to buy them. However, the kabuki brush I'll snatch up for a good price if ever, ever I see it again!

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you might find
You get what you need.🎶  Mick Jagger


You may also enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment